Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA A+ Certification

Options
  • 08-06-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I recently passed both my CompTIA A+ certifications.

For the first exam, they did not require me to take a photo ID. However, for the second exam, I had to take a photo. When they printed my results, my photo was on the results (second exam). I was wondering if anyone else had to take their photo for the second CompTIA exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I did mine in March and was told to bring photo ID to both exams and was asked for it each time. Photo wasnt on the print out for the results though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carlab_ie

I'm thinking of getting a A+ Certificate, since you both already passed yours can you advice materials and courses? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

carlab_ie wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a A+ Certificate, since you both already passed yours can you advice materials and courses? Cheers

I did mine (3 years ago) i still have the books and discs taking up room in a press (also have the networking ones) if you want them and can collect from Dublin city center then they are yours. Pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Professor Messer vids are good

http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/free-a-plus/

also Mike Meyers book

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 emokin

I bought the Mike Meyers passport book. And passed, both of them first time. I would highly recommend it. it was about 35 euro in easons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I did mine through FAS and they supplied the Mike Meyers book. It was for the 701/702 exams which are due to finish soon so you will be looking for the version which covers the 801/802 exams. Professor Messer has excellent videos on Youtube also.

Well I registered in the IT Support Technician Diploma offered by Pitman Training and I'm starting to regret it... It's been one month and my enrollment isn't finished yet, meaning that I still don't have access to any materials. I got fed up and started studying on my own, they don't answer to my emails. If I don't get a response I'll call them and demand my money back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd just demand my money back right away.

There are superior quality training materials free, their "diploma" is entirely worthless. Just do the exams yourself.

Yeah, I feel so silly and so sad. I'll go today to their office and demand my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 slimboy8

Has anyone done the online course with courses direct

• Advertisement
Advertisement