Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single parent going back to work

Options
  • 08-06-2013 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm planning on returning to work after having my baby. I know that I would be entitled to fis if I was working a min of 19 hours a week but I don't think my employer will agree to a min of 19 hours a week as I have different hours every week although most of the time I would work more. I was just wondering does anyone know what I would be entitled to and how my payments would be calculated as I will be doing a different amount of hours every week.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The Department of Social Protection calculates your assessable income and your average income over a certain period of time.
    If you are paid weekly or fortnightly, your weekly income is taken as your average weekly earnings over four weeks. If you are paid monthly, your weekly income is based on your average weekly earnings in a set two-month period. If your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant is self-employed, his or her income over the 12-month period before you lodge your claim is used to work out his or her average weekly income. However if it is more appropriate your average weekly income may be worked out on the basis of another period - for example your P60 may be used to calculate your average income from employment

From here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/family_income_supplement.html

The dept will be quite flexible when it comes to calculating hours worked per week.

Advertisement