Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learn to park people!!!!!!

Options
  • 08-06-2013 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

So I've had my car 2months now, and in that time I've had 2 people reverse into it. Both times the same excuse, "oh I didn't see it, it's very low etc". I make every effort to park my car carefully and out of reach, but it just amazes me how these numpties are allowed operate heavy machinery. Anyone had a comparable unlucky streak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yep.

Every car I've owned has been bumped into within two weeks of ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Both my doors need a respray from no less than 5 dents to metal scratches/marks in first 6 months of ownership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Both my doors need a respray from no less than 5 dents to metal scratches/marks in first 6 months of ownership

It's a total sickener alright, second one involved a lovely tow bar to the front bumper, just to make sure it was done in nicely....First one was within 2 days of having the car, people suck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

EazyD wrote: »
    It's a total sickener alright, second one involved a lovely tow bar to the front bumper, just to make sure it was done in nicely....First one was within 2 days of having the car, people suck

Hope you are billing them for the repairs?

kceire wrote: »
    Hope you are billing them for the repairs?

The second one was today, inflicted by neighbour, he was dead honest(although I heard the crunch anyway) and will sort no problem, so for that i was hugely appreciative.The first is not so simple, the driver offered cash compensation(I got his insurance, contact details, reg etc), but conveniently enough he has not tried to get back to me, I've emailed his insurance to chase up the chancer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

, I've emailed his insurance to chase up the chancer.

Why bother email them, just call them!

kceire wrote: »
    Why bother email them, just call them!

Doing it now as I type, the damage is easily >€150, however it's the principle of it, had he contacted me beforehand I would have waived the amount he owes me, absolute scrote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,963 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

This post has been deleted.

There's no need for a solicitor unless the insurance company doesn't play ball.

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's no need for a solicitor unless the insurance company doesn't play ball.

What has me very suspicious is he was upfront with his details, number etc. Now repair time rolls around and his number is disconnected it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭illuma

Thank God I've never been in any collisions. You're just unlucky op. There are plenty of bad drivers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I spent ages trying to see what barking had to do with people bumping into your car and why barking would help . I seriously need to get out of the sun and have a drink of water

illuma wrote: »
    Thank God I've never been in any collisions. You're just unlucky op. There are plenty of bad drivers out there.

The only contributing factor I could rest on is the cars profile, it's a mk2.5 MX5, not lowered or anything... Similar thing happened to a mates S13 Silvia..may be small but definitely not invisible!!! It's always the nice runners that get stuffed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Always seems to happen to the nice shiney car you promised yourself and never the battered jalopy you drove for years....

Tough break op :)

dgt wrote: »
    Always seems to happen to the nice shiney car you promised yourself and never the battered jalopy you drove for years....

Tough break op :)

On the flip side, a new bodykit may alleviate my sorrow;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,963 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What has me very suspicious is he was upfront with his details, number etc. Now repair time rolls around and his number is disconnected it seems.

It happens all the time. That's why the OP has to make contact with the insurance company first and then if the other party doesn't admit liability start looking at going legal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm glad the two cars we own are mechanically tip-top, but the paint work is covered in tiny dings and scratches.
    You'd be amazed how much less stressful it is. I once owned an immaculate MKIII Cortina and I'd constantly stress if someone was even coming near it.
    It's just one more reason why you can't have nice things in this country, the other being relentless rain for months on end that turns everything you own green or brown, depending on what it's made of.

Advertisement