Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me please!! [Losing coolant, Rover MG]

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Send my Rover MG in to the garage as the head gasket when it in it.
    I was putting coolant into it but it seemed to be going down to the min mark after even the shortes of journeys.

I have brought it back to the garage I got it fixed at but my question is: Is it the garage fault for not fixing it properly and will I have to pay?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭defforirl

Just to be clear do you mean even now after head gasket has been replaced its still using coolant everytime you drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm having some difficulty understanding your post OP.

Are you saying the head gasket blew and you took it to a garage and they fixed it, but car is still losing coolant?
    If so, the garage should fix it free of charge providing the issue is because of something they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Are you Colm's wife or my 75th? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 trishamcm

defforirl wrote: »
    Just to be clear do you mean even now after head gasket has been replaced its still using coolant everytime you drive it?

yes thats it i wasnt sure was it normal and my step dad said take it back....so is it the garages fault...collecting it today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 trishamcm

biko wrote: »
    I'm having some difficulty understanding your post OP.

Are you saying the head gasket blew and you took it to a garage and they fixed it, but car is still losing coolant?
    If so, the garage should fix it free of charge providing the issue is because of something they did.

Sorry didnt explain it right...
    Yes head was fixed and was still losing coolant....im such a push over when it comes to people was just making sure!! it was their fault 100% but being a woman i dont want them to take advantage of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cool, hopefully it'll work from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its quite likely that they fixed the head gasket properly but missed the original cause of coolant loss which may have caused the gasket issues to start with.
    Bring it back. It is possible that the car needs an part to cure the leak. I wouldn't expect be pay for any labour this time though as when doing the head gasket they would have had access to most areas and as such if they have to strip it again it is only cause they were not thorough enough in checking for leaks when doing the job first time.

Advertisement