Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15" rMBP brutal battery life ~4hrs from full charge

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I recently bought a 15" rMBP online and while I am delighted with the machine overall I am extremely disappointed with the battery life.

SInce it came out of the box it has only ever got at most 4 hours from a full charge.

Its the base model if that is relevant.

Oh and this battery life is with chrome running, brightness 50% and itunes running mostly or sometimes VLC, nothing that should half the battery life IMO

So I bought it brand new off an American shop and it was brand new in box so it has apple warranty.

I was thinking of going to CompuB in Dundrum to see if they could diagnose the issue?

I have tried some known fixes I found online but to no avail. Apparently this is an issue since the last OS update was released.

Does anyone here have this issue?
    Would CompuB be helpful? I heard they are helpful no matter where the product was purchased.

Any ideas or experiences from anyone on here?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement