Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Down our Garden Wall

Options
  • 08-06-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

The wall around our garden is a bit of a mess and needs washing down. Was just going to powerwash it but was told to treat it with something first to help remove the moss and grime.
    Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could use? There's no grass or plants in the vicinity of the wall,so something strong shouldn't be an issue

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

To be honest I would power wash it first then see what's left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Just be carefull that you dont lift off any mortar or plaster/render from the powerwshing.

Its been known to happen when the power washer lance is put too close to the wall and the jet is on its strongest setting.Its also on the soundness of the wall and its mortar/render

A bit of diluted bleach solution sprayed onto the wall and left for a while to work,will remove the grime and moss.

Then wash down the wall with the power washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

I would use a garden hose, bucket and brush myself.

Anti power washers full stop !!

Advertisement