Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury easily visible from Dublin last night!

Options
  • 08-06-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

seen it for the first time ever!
    About seven deg off Venus if you track up and left from Venus at a 45 deg angle. I had to find it with binoculars but once found I could just see it with the naked eye!
    It's a real find for me! Having seen all the other planets plants which can be seen with the naked eye except for this one! Great!!

Well worth getting a look at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

saw it last night with the naked eye too. also got it in a telescope at high mag, the disc is half lit. the right hand side is in shadow. it is an amazing site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Might just pull out my old DTG 8.5" reflector and take a look. That's if I can find am eye piece. I'd say it's going to be a fair chance it's visible again tonight!!

Visible again now!
    35 years looking at stars as a hobby and I'm like a child again. Lol

Only found a 25mm eye piece but it's better than nothing.

Advertisement