Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70% off gold Kildare Village

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

70% off gold. :eek: That's a rarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

narommy wrote: »
    [HTML]http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/offers/item/2013/01/pandora[/HTML]

Got this in the email. Has anyone been down to check this out.

Looks good. Do they have much choice?

We were in there about two weeks ago. Wife went in for a look & said they are cheaper (I'd just bought her one the week before which was €8 cheaper in KVC). however, she said they had a very small collection, with only about 25-35 pieces which she suspects weren't selling in their other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

These seem to be the examples advertised.

pandora_GOld1_940x360new.jpg

pandora_Gold2_940x360new.jpg

But the tagline is
    "For a limited time only the Pandora boutique will be offering 70% off the RRP on all 14kt gold jewellery. On sale in the PANDORA store NOW! Stop by to see all gold jewellery!"
    Might be worth a look, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

The realities of buying a pandora is that you buy your Wife/GF a pandora link chain thing for about €50-€125 and then pay between €25 to 'infinity' for the charms, but they never feel like they have an expensive piece of jewelry on.

A full bracelett will cost you in excess of €800.

You are much better off spending €400 on a nice piece of solid jewelry that the apprceiate more

I went down to the village at the weekend and was absolutely unimpressed with the selection, Rings reduced from €500 to €100, but I wouldnt have paid €100 for them.

Perhaps other people like yellow gold more than me, but i didnt see any bargains there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

mtdelany wrote: »
    The realities of buying a pandora is that you buy your Wife/GF a pandora link chain thing for about €50-€125 and then pay between €25 to 'infinity' for the charms, but they never feel like they have an expensive piece of jewelry on.

A full bracelett will cost you in excess of €800.

You are much better off spending €400 on a nice piece of solid jewelry that the apprceiate more

(snip)

I disagree with this. My wife got the bracelet and a couple of charms when they first came out. Since then either the kids (mostly me) or I (me again) have bought her a charm to mark an occasion. It's grown into a set that she regularly changes around & now includes several bracelet & necklace styles.

The real value however is in the sentimental value she holds in the pieces which were chosen by our kids. They contribute €5 from their pocket money & pick the charm they want to give mom. There's serious consideration taken in choosing a piece & it means a lot to the child & also to mom when it's worn.

The actual value of jewellery is subjective - e.g. I consider diamonds to be pretty but worthless stones, DeBeers obviously disagree with me. The physical cost of the piece is in high contrast to the sentimental value placed upon it by it's owner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement