Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Noise While In Bed?

Options
  • 08-06-2013 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

As you lie drifting off to sleep on a still, calm Summers night, with the window open and the nocturnal sounds coming in, what helps you head off to the land of Nod?

For me, it is the far away bleat of a lamb and it's mother, the occasional rumbling of tyres on the (not so) main road a couple of miles away, but most of all it is the sound of the quietness that wiil get me off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The opposite of alarm clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The sound of a bear trap crunching on the thieving bast@rds shins while they are trying to break in to peoples houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Squelch, squelch, squelch, squelch...

Ahhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lashing rain on the window, the wind howling outside.

Yes, even in summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Rabies wrote: »
    Squelch, squelch, squelch, squelch...

Ahhhhhhhh

Waterbed?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Norfolk Enchants

The soothing sounds of an owl.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pure silence, the best way to get to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Your ma's head banging off the headboard

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Naked In Public

My nan.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JonEBGud

Tinnitus.
    Sounds Sounds Sounds.
    Always Sounds.

• Advertisement

, but most of all it is the sound of the quietness that wiil get me off.

The sound of Silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

JonEBGud wrote: »
    The sound of Silence.

Hello darkness my old friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Novella wrote: »
    Lashing rain on the window, the wind howling outside.

Yes, even in summer.

Used to sleep in attic when I lived in me ma's and that sound if rain hittin off the windows in the attic put me straight asleep
    Actually miss it

Hello darkness my old friend. :)

Hi Simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

A metronome or a ticking clock.
    I do realise the vast majority hate this:p

Who was the actor who couldn't sleep 'till the rainy season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The noise of random drunks signing their rebel songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Aced_Up

[quote="The Backwards but most of all it is the sound of the quietness that wiil get me off.[/quote]

What 'gets me off'? as you put it...

Probably the sound of my woman at her point of orgasm, usually does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Pure silence,but 2 sounds I don't mind when I'm trying to get to sleep are the hoover and the hair dryer for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The sound of my ex sleeping beside me :(

Yup - me sad and can't sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

The sound of a hard, intestinal, thunderous, wobbly forced fart, bursting from my anus. Followed by the flapping of my duvet.

Or the almost silent whisper and cool breeze if I choose to go silent-mode and spread the cheeks to prevent waking anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the f1 on the tele on a sunday ,the sound off d cars is like a lullaby after the weekends madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Novella wrote: »
    Lashing rain on the window
    rain hittin off the windows in the attic put me straight asleep. Actually miss it

http://www.rainymood.com/
    FanadMan wrote: »
    The sound of my ex sleeping beside me :(

Yup - me sad and can't sleep

Sad times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Usually the gentle murmur of a dvd. i cant really sleep without something on to distract me. The Mask seems to work best. think it's cause i know it so well. an audiobook will do the trick as well.
    A mate of mine cant sleep without the radio on static. Fu(kin weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sad times?

Yup....2 nights and no sleep. So, not just sad times.....becoming extremely messed up head times now. Think I've been seeing things running up and down the walls due to lack of sleep lol. Damn it, the birds are singing so am getting up and going for a walk on the beach instead. Feckin exes - more trouble than their worth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

FanadMan wrote: »
    Yup....2 nights and no sleep. So, not just sad times.....becoming extremely messed up head times now. Think I've been seeing things running up and down the walls due to lack of sleep lol. Damn it, the birds are singing so am getting up and going for a walk on the beach instead. Feckin exes - more trouble than their worth :D

have you ever heard of alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Smidge wrote: »
    A metronome or a ticking clock.
    I do realise the vast majority hate this:p

I love the sound of the a ticking clock! I have one on the room and don't think I could sleep without it now.

Sometimes my dog sleep outside my bedroom door and I can hear him snoring or shuffling when he's having a dream at night. I love that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

White noise. Because pure silence is too loud, when a car goes past or when somebody does something in the house its too noisy. The sound of my loud computer humming away or heavy rain preferrably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I live in an apartment block of Spaniards now and most nights and mornings are filled with a cacophony of farts, burps, shouting, meowing that sounds strangely like a baby in pain, "partying", nose blowing, Flamenco music playing (the man can only sing one song though), old lady who sounds like she´s orgasming hanging the clothes out (and she always seems to be hanging her clothes out), loud **** Spanish pop music, nose parps, screeches, protests, arguments, my own fella´s arse toots....and I sleep through it all. Put me anywhere now and I will sleep. :)

I´m from a seaside town in Dublin and my parent´s house is a 10 minute walk from the sea so I´d often fall asleep to the sound of only a fog horn growing up. Twas very pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

JD DABA wrote: »
    I choose to go silent-mode and spread the cheeks to prevent waking anybody.

That's very considerate of you in fairness

Advertisement