Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying off bet with same bookie

Options
  • 08-06-2013 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭

Well lads, just a quick question..

I find myself laying off winning bets now and again, most of the time I will lay the bet off using the same bookie as the original bet was placed..

Is this likely to cause me any hassle? I'm not betting big amounts by anyone's standards, but i'm not sure exactly how frowned upon this is....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

dont think there would be any problem

its all part of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ye I just wasn't sure, a friend put doubt in my mind! Its not that often anyway so should be ok!

Bookies notice you more for your withdrawals than your actual betting. It costs them to withdraw and send to your banks/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Bookies notice you more for your withdrawals than your actual betting. It costs them to withdraw and send to your banks/etc

How much you reckon you would need to withdraw to get noticed? Or is it a matter of frequency?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

bookies notice everything. they have software that tracks everything.

what you are doing is not a reason to get your account modified.

have you tried to work out if it would be more profitable to back and lay on betfair?

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    How much you reckon you would need to withdraw to get noticed? Or is it a matter of frequency?

Frequency and volume. Although I believe the frequency will get your account more noticed than volume.

Advertisement