Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto smells and tastes like the sheep in the field next door

Options
  • 08-06-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I'm not trying to be funny here but i just don't know how else to describe this,i love Tayto cheese & onion and they were great until about 6-8 years back but i still buy em every now and then and almost always end up annoyed that i did,
    first it doesn't matter where i buy them,be it north ,south ,east or west Ireland,it seems every 5th bag is a good'n but the rest are messed up in some form or another from all green to all burned to one good crisp in a pack of rotten ones but this new thing broke me in two,after almost losing the contents of my stomach,i broke into laughter (and it felt good too let me tell you ),

thing is i moved to mayo last year and i do my shopping in Tesco and i buy Pringles more these days but sometimes i get the huge 12-18 c&o Tayto pack where most bags are crushed ,stale or welded into the seal of the actual multipack glue which this pack had also hehe,

i live in a house where they put sheep in a field next to me every now and then and so i know all too well that sickening smell of the sheep from hell (you have to whiff it to know what i mean),anyhow- i opened the bag and ate what looked like slightly well done crisps one by one and they seemed okay,that was up until i put a few in my mouth at once at which point a burst of wonderful pissy sheep taste flooded my buds and watered my eyes,

at first i thought it was me but there are no sheep around lately (only scary huge cows),i must have washed my hands around 30 times in one day from paranoia,
    sadly i am a glutton for punishment and tried bag after bag in the hope of finding one that didn't have the sneaky sheep ****e Tayto in the middle of nice ones but alas i failed miserably and the worst part of this is that i still have 10 bags left to endure but i will en-devour not to die from sheep****itis,

please please please make one bag of Tayto's cheese and onion like you did 20 years ago ,where they taste so good you eat more than you should and just maybe i will be the lucky one to find that very bag and have a smile on my face again and not a look like i just swallowed a fistful of pebbles ,the little green kind and not the stoney kind

thank you
    a Tayto fan?
    :)

i just sent the above to tayto :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Right

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My eyes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I must confess I did not read the post as the font size was too large and the colour too blue. Perhaps you could reformat so as to increase the likelihood of getting relevant responses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Burnt taytos upset me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Have you been licking those sheep again?
    What have I told you about botherin' the sheep?:mad::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

First there was the golden goose and now the Tayto sheep. The recession is hitting us hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

humbert wrote: »
    First there was the golden goose and now the Tayto sheep. The recession is hitting us hard.

Cadburys goats are next

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tayto were the first company to introduce the cheese and onion flavour. It's been imitated the world over since.

Tayto were the first company to introduce the cheese and onion and flavour. It's been imitated the world over since.

Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JonEBGud

Ah! The good old days. No whinging.
    You got a packet of crisps. No flavour.
    Just crisps. And if you were lucky you
    found the little sachet of salt before
    you finished the packet.
    Just reminiscing.

• Advertisement

Tayto were the first company to introduce the cheese and onion and flavour. It's been imitated the world over since.

AFAIK Tayto were the first to use potatoes as a snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Smidge wrote: »
    Is that true?

It is, the original potato chip produced by manufactures in the late 19th and early 20th century were unseasoned. Tayto introduced a method of seasoning during production and introduced flavourings such as the Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinegar and Smokey Bacon.

It is, the original potato chip produced by manufactures in the late 19th and early 20th century were unseasoned. Tayto introduced a method of seasoning during production and introduced flavourings such as the Cheese and Onion, Salt and Vinegar and Smokey Bacon.

Well I'll be darned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

STOP EATING MY SHEEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

SIZE 1 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 2 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 3 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 4 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 5 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 6 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH
    SIZE 7 BOLD ITALIC UNDERLINE STRIKE-THROUGH