Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am awesome and I know it.

Options
  • 07-06-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

"What's the one moment/achievement/period of time that you look back on and no matter what, you always think- Man, I/that was class?"

I've asked this question to so many people in order to get them to know them a little better and it always makes me happy to hear the heart-warming stories that people have. We all have that one thing that we are so proud of ourselves for, however small it is and yeah, basically, I'm asking all the fellow C&Hers out there, what's yours?

Mine are:
    When I was fourteen, I went to Australia with my family. In Sydney, myself, my mom, dad and cousin did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb which is basically walking up the side of the Bridge up to the very top, crossing over the road/traintracks and coming back down the other side. May not seem that big of deal, but I'm deathly afraid of falling and forever think that this was such an achievement! :)

Getting my JC Art painting in an art exhibition that went on between Tralee and Westlake Ohio.

Getting my first choice course, despite battling depression during sixth year.

(This is a thinly veiled "You have much to feel good about" thread ) :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

>What's the one moment/achievement/period of time that you look back on and no matter what, you always think- Man, I/that was class?

sure that's basically everyday for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Actually sitting my Leaving. There were so many times when I wanted to just say feck it and quit, but I didn't - mostly thanks to some brilliant friends. But I managed to sit it, and got a course I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'd say my proudest moment/biggest decision was when I decided to leave UCD. I had been absolutely miserable there for a year and a half, so much so that it made me incredibly depressed. I went against what everyone told me I should do and dropped out, I lost a few friends along the way but that is without a doubt the best decision I've ever made, I'm so much happier now, I've found what I love doing. I'm currently making a similar decision again, but for opposite reasons and am on the verge of being offered my dream job next week as a pastry chef in a 5 star hotel. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the last 3 years, but it's wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I was awesome as a kid. There's videos of me when I was like 3 and I'm in bed reading a kid's book and I'm adorable. Then when I was about 8, I was really chubby and I got obsessed with dancing. Like I used just dance in my kitchen, we went abroad to Lanzarote or wherever and I'd just get up and dance in bars and stuff. I used to take my top off and swing it around over my head, Shaggy was my favourite artist for some reason. It was great. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Once, in GTAIV, I came running up an alleyway, just as a car with two goons in it was speeding to cut me off. I sprayed the car with MP5 bullets, first puncturing the front tire, killing the driver then passenger, then the car flipped over and landed on the roof.

That was a great moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

To follow on from awesome GTA IV moments. Was playing multiplayer with a friend, he an the beach shooting rockets at me, I on a boat, desperately trying to dodge them hither and thither. So eventually I get a good run up, ramp on to the beach, crushing said friend underneath my boat.

I laughed for a solid...2 minutes!!

To reply to the actual thread, to be honest I don't feel I have done anything of really of great note with my life as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'm feeling pretty class about getting into final year of college. I've always struggled academically thanks to an diagnosed learning disability, and even when I did find out the reason for it, I still couldn't sake off feeling stupid and like I didn't deserve to be where I am. So managing to as well as the majority of my year is a nice confidence boost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I was always told Id get nowhere with my education because I never put in enough effort or didnt do enough study and wudnt get what I wanted to do in college.

Well Im starting my final year in UL in september and got my first CAO choice when I did the LC so feck all of em!

And also got a better LC than my brother who had about 10 big folders full of study notes and all that crap who was telling me I wudnt get the points so feck him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Some of mine:

Designing, developing and presenting a project I solely worked on, in a different country 2 weeks after starting it and receiving a 'highly commended' for my efforts. I was blown away :D

Graduating with a first too which I'm over the moon about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

For as long as I can remember my uncle has been a huge fan of pigeon hunting. A little strange I thought but I love him to bits so just accepted it really as I grew up listening to him boast about the numbers he would take in. Anyway one weekend his shooting partner couldn't make one of their fortnightly sessions and as my uncle had little time to hunt due to working long hours at work I decided I'd go with him. Long story short I shot down 13 pigeons, beginners luck you might say but my uncle had been hunting for 23 years and the must he has ever slain in one session is 7. PROUD :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

My sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

audman wrote: »
    For as long as I can remember my uncle has been a huge fan of pigeon hunting. A little strange I thought but I love him to bits so just accepted it really as I grew up listening to him boast about the numbers he would take in. Anyway one weekend his shooting partner couldn't make one of their fortnightly sessions and as my uncle had little time to hunt due to working long hours at work I decided I'd go with him. Long story short I shot down 13 pigeons, beginners luck you might say but my uncle had been hunting for 23 years and the must he has ever slain in one session is 7. PROUD :)

Needlessly slaughtering innocent creatures in a vainglorious mission to impress a relative- I think we can all relate to that.

Needlessly slaughtering innocent creatures in a vainglorious mission to impress a relative- I think we can all relate to that.

Innocent? Needless? I beg to differ. There are many a pigeon like the one I'm about to show you who are a threat to us, children especially. They may seem innocent and I don't disagree that some of them are, but watch this...
    By the way I always profile a pigeon before killing it to make sure it's a bad one!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kYLFS99O3_o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkYLFS99O3_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

audman wrote: »
    Innocent? Needless? I beg to differ. There are many a pigeon like the one I'm about to show you who are a threat to us, children especially. They may seem innocent and I don't disagree that some of them are, but watch this...
    By the way I always profile a pigeon before killing it to make sure it's a bad one!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kYLFS99O3_o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkYLFS99O3_o

You make a good point. I will sanction your pigeon-killing on one condition: you play this song on repeat during every hunt:

You make a good point. I will sanction your pigeon-killing on one condition: you play this song on repeat during every hunt:

Hahaha deal! I actually can't decide whether or not to stop laughing to soak in the disbelief at such a coincidence; my uncle actually has a small tattoo of Dastardly and Muttley on his ankle. A drunk bet but I know he secretly loves it haha... and probably would have got it anyway. Now that I think of it he prob lost the bet on purpose, any excuse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭singledad80

My proudest moment was when I was with my wife and she gave birth to our wonderful son, I was very proud of her going through that pain delivering our beautiful son in to the world, It still brings a tear to my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

That time i decided to move from a dead end job and apply for something different even though i have pea-sized confidence, and then i got it and it continues to be awesome!

That time i ran around the town square naked for the craic.

When i decided to take out a loan and give college another go, finished first year now and i'm so glad I did it.

Everytime I bite my tongue when a sibling finds fault in everything I do.

Looking back on school days when everybody hid from their parents or was embarrassed of them and i was like 'yo check out my folks, they cool!' I have a great relationship with them and I am thankful everyday.

Thanks to this thread for helping me cheer myself up! :D

Advertisement