Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drine 'n Text

Options
  • 07-06-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Now that we have some nice weather to go out driving please remember if you feel the urge to text while driving on the motorway, while wearing sunglasses, please move into the inside lane, instead of slowing down to 80kph in centre lane.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

911s wrote: »
    Now that we have some nice weather to go out driving please remember if you feel the urge to text while driving on the motorway, while wearing sunglasses, please move into the inside lane, instead of slowing down to 80kph in centre lane.:mad:sent from Iphone 5

FYP

(agree 100% with you ...dangerous tuncts

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

911s wrote: »
    Now that we have some nice weather to go out driving please remember if you feel the urge to text while driving on the motorway, while wearing sunglasses, please put your licence through a shredder, sell the car and buy a bus ticket.

That's better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

It's a crazy one to see alright. Should be an on the spot ban, might as well be reading a book behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mailforkev wrote: »
    It's a crazy one to see alright. Should be an on the spot ban, might as well be reading a book behind the wheel.

Seen that too - well a newspaper :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

mailforkev wrote: »

A complete gobsh*te nearly sideswiped me once as she was reading a kindle while driving down the M3. FFS :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I've never seen a kindle, but I have seen make up being applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

People should not be allowed to hold ANYTHING while driving. People texting away while driving is just mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jordan537

I have seen somebody shaving, drinking coffee and driving all at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Im gona go with female for 20 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

The amount of people Ive seen driving with their phones up to their ear is ridiculous. Feels like a free for all for most penalty point offences but speeding and no tax/nct. Those two are the only two I ever see implemented. The taboo of using a phone has gone from the roads around me now.

Licence revoked until passing another driving test would sort this out and would get some right idiots off the road for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

I kid you not....early morning m50....eye liner. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Some lad was brushing his teeth while overtaking me the other morning!!

Advertisement