Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's wrong with my alarm?

Options
  • 07-06-2013 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

When I unlock my car using the fob, the alarm usually beeps twice with a pause in between. In recent weeks, however, it will with go beepbeep-beep, or will just continually beep until I mash the fob a few time to get it to stop. Sometimes the alarm will trigger.

I've changed the batteries on both keys, but the problem still persists with both of them. Has anyone any idea at all what's going on here? There's nothing in the manual about it. '07 Mazda3 btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

On some alarm systems the beeps when you disarm it indicate that your alarm had gone off and the number or pattern of them tell you what triggered it. Then again you could just have a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

On my Clifford alarm a different beep pattern means that the alarm has either been ringing in my absence (usually denoted by three beeps instead of two), or the batteries in the fob are on the way out. Does the alarm in your car have an independent power supply? Perhaps that battery is on the way out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Cheers for the replies lads. As far as I can tell, it's an after market alarm, so that's why the manual has nothing of relevance in it. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been going off in my absence, so might look into the power supply issue.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

So it turns out that it could be a faulty door or bonnet sensor, anybody have any ideas where they'd be located?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The door trigger for the alarm will usually be wired into the wiring loom of the car somewhere in the dash, the bonnet switch will be under the bonnet usually mounted on the main body of the car(if the car didn't come with one as standard) EG
    HoodSwitch1.jpg
    In our climate these have a nasty habit of rusting up which might explain your alarm issue. I've had to replace one more than once. If it's the door wiring it might be the wires weren't soldered correctly and have come loose. I'd be looking at the bonnet switch first though

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement