Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Camera Equipment

Options
  • 07-06-2013 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    unfortunately some of my gear got stolen tonight from The Mercantile Venue on Dame Street in Dublin, so hopefully you'll be able to help out.

Gear stolen was;

Nikon D7000, serial number: 6482613
    with a Hahnel HN-D7000 battery grip.

and

Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, serial number: 752453.

attached to the camera was a manfrotto tripod plate and an Op-tech sling strap,
    with 2 Sandisk 8gb Extreme cards in the camera.

Unfortunately I know this is a long shot, but you never know!

Thanks guys,

Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

I'm very sorry to hear that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I know its a long shot but as you said you never know.
    http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Sorry to hear that Lefty, will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sorry to hear Lefty, summer seams to bring the worst out of us Irish , I had one nicked last summer - the first hot day - I was enraged with anger , and got nothing of insurance , they weasled ther way out - anyway hope you have better luck than me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

As I use my camera quite alot around there, I will keep an eye open. How did it actually happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Sorry to hear that. I'm also curious how did it happen?

Keep looking on adverts, donedeal, ebay and local shops who sell used equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Heard someone with a d7000 had gear stolen at a gig recently and thought it might be yourself, really sorry to hear that - bloody scumbags. How did it happen was a bag left down and they took it? I've had bands tell me recently they have had everything from cables to guitars stolen recently. When it comes to shows punters need to be careful too as when I was shooting for the Dropkick Murphys in January we found out a gang of pick-pockets were working the crowd taking phones and wallets. The police took statements from over 25 people who noticed they had been robbed and I notified band management so the next night people were warned going in to keep an eye on anything in their bags or pockets. I hope it turns up and if I see anything fishy I'll post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

sorry to hear that :(
    keep an eye out on adverts, donedeal, gumtree and the likes, in case gear like yours comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hope your gear turns up. Iv just had a flickrmail from a contact who had had a substantial amount of Nikon gear stolen.

There was a serious spate of these robberies last year reported on here so maybe we all need to watch out for each others at gigs and matchs and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

nono2020 wrote: »
    Hi all friends, i would like to make more friends here. Thanks
    Eh...?!?

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement