Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with car after getting work done

Options
  • 07-06-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Had a considerable amount of work on my car a few weeks back but I'm still having some problems with it.
    When I collected it from garage it was like driving a new car, was very happy. After a few days though it started to feel pretty sluggish. Very slow to accelerate (it's not the fastest car anyway but felt heavier than usual). I had the rear bushings changed on car, but I noticed pretty soon afterwards that there's still a noise coming from the rear right wheel (pretty much only when going over ramps). Then I started to notice that it would chug regularly when at lower revs (and some times even at motorway speeds).
    The work I had done was new coil pack, full service, and bushings done. Had it done in a reputable garage.
    I brought it back and was told that they couldn't hear a noise from the wheel (even though I mentioned it was pretty much only when going over ramps), and also nothing came back about the chugging.
    My problem now is that I'm reluctant to go back even though I'm still not completely happy, I feel like I'm annoying them in a way. I'm not unhappy with the service in any way, just with the car itself.
    Should I bring it to a second garage for another opinion or just go back to original garage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

no harm in getting a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

dh0011 wrote: »
    no harm in getting a second opinion.

Yeah, I agree get a second opinion from a garage with diagnostics for you car. Probably cost €30 but would be worth it. The trick is to get it done quickly leave it too long and they will say you did it.

Advertisement