Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance

Options
  • 06-06-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi there, just wondering if you could clear up a question for me, In september 2011 i started a college course, however due to reasons i wont go into here i was forced to drop out, this means i will have to pay full fees this year, Ive been on jsa since before christmas, ive applied for a course and intend to apply for back to education allowance, however first year might be tough with having to pay my fees and other expenses like rent...just wondering if i could work part time along with my btea and will my part time work lead to a reduction in the payment i recieve weekly, also wondering if i would be entitled to rent allowance, cheers for all your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Depp wrote: »
    Hi there, just wondering if you could clear up a question for me, In september 2011 i started a college course, however due to reasons i wont go into here i was forced to drop out, this means i will have to pay full fees this year, Ive been on jsa since before christmas, ive applied for a course and intend to apply for back to education allowance, however first year might be tough with having to pay my fees and other expenses like rent...just wondering if i could work part time along with my btea and will my part time work lead to a reduction in the payment i recieve weekly, also wondering if i would be entitled to rent allowance, cheers for all your help.

As to your rent allowance, you would be entitled to it, but I would advise you get it while you are still on JSA, before you get transferred to BTEA, as if you are in college, it's hard to be at home for the two inspections you'll have to get.

You can work part-time on BTEA and it won't affect your payment, but you may lose entitlement to the fuel and rent allowance.

Advertisement