Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't you help me!

Options
  • 06-06-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Ok so i bought this groupon deal for a nights stay at a hotel.

Plan to bring the girlfriend there tomorrow as it is her birthday.

Rang the hotel and they said it was fully booked up for their groupon allocation, plenty of rooms left all the same.

So i need to ring back and come up with the biggest cock and bull story ever told that will change their minds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

*Rang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Look at me I have a GF

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I'll gladly take the girlfriend off your hands for the night so no need to sweat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Ring and tell em you never got the confirmation email despite booking (pick a date...any date) and you want to know what time you can check in :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cheapskate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Groupon is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Explain to them that it's your girlfriend's birthday tomorrow and you are only planning something now but that it's not worth the full price for the room. I'm sure they'll have sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's your girlfriends birthday so just pay the normal price for a room ya cheapskate.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Ring them, and book the room.
    Wait until they confirm the booking for you and drop in the fact that its groupon at the very last minute.

Never fails - in future book things then say its groupon once its confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Read the T&C fella, groupon is below cost selling at the extreme.. If everyone who got a voucher booked the same weekend they would make a fair loss on the books..they need to spread it out over the year..

Although...what you could do (especially if your cheapass really lives yer moth)..maybe ask if you booked a meal or an extra night or a room upgrade would they give you a room.. The young wan on the phone mightnt have the powers to decide tonight (so will probably say no) but maybe try the manager in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

humbert wrote: »
    Explain to them that it's your girlfriend's birthday tomorrow and you are only planning something now but that it's not worth the full price for the room. I'm sure they'll have sympathy.

He should just explain this to the girlfriend. Then he won't be going anywhere tomorrow night. Problem sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Duiske wrote: »
    He should just explain this to the girlfriend. Then he won't be going anywhere tomorrow night. Problem sorted. :)

Then i wont get birthday sex!! Problem definitely not sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Very similar thing happened to me once. Same hotel and all. We sorted it in the end but I forget how.

So I guess the answer to your original question is, no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

humbert wrote: »
    Nah they'll try and stiff you for all they can because they know you're screwed

Very similar thing happened to me once. Same hotel and all. We sorted it in the end but I forget how.

So I guess the answer to your original question is, no.

I did'nt mention the hotel...

How much more will it cost you?

kneemos wrote: »
    How much more will it cost you?

Around 180 euro

andy125 wrote: »
    Around 180 euro

Worth pocketing

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

I did'nt mention the hotel...

Ah, I get it, you don't want them to accuse you of bad-mouthing them. Smart move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Then i wont get birthday sex!! Problem definitely not sorted.

Careful, she might get birthday pregnant. Try a dicknic that evening instead, Lidl have some great stuff :)

• Advertisement

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Careful, she might get birthday pregnant. Try a dicknic that evening instead, Lidl have some great stuff :)

I prefer aldi

Advertisement