Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer job, signing off BTEA early

Options
  • 06-06-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just finished 2nd year in University and I'm in receipt of BTEA. My official end of term is 28th June (same as last year, my Uni only starts in Oct), however since I was on a semester abroad I am finished early this summer.

I just got offered a job which starts at the end of next week, so it will be 2 weeks before I officially go off BTEA. I have been told by future employer that I won't be getting paid until the end of July, so will be 6 weeks working before a paycheck.

Is it possible to keep receiving my BTEA until it runs out at end of June, while also working?
    Or should I go into the SW and inform them of my job which means they will probably end my BTEA entitlements earlier this year?

Sorry for the confusing post, but 6 weeks is a long time without money especially since I have to relocate for the job!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

2ndyear wrote: »
    I just finished 2nd year in University and I'm in receipt of BTEA. My official end of term is 28th June (same as last year, my Uni only starts in Oct), however since I was on a semester abroad I am finished early this summer.

I just got offered a job which starts at the end of next week, so it will be 2 weeks before I officially go off BTEA. I have been told by future employer that I won't be getting paid until the end of July, so will be 6 weeks working before a paycheck.

Is it possible to keep receiving my BTEA until it runs out at end of June, while also working?
    Or should I go into the SW and inform them of my job which means they will probably end my BTEA entitlements earlier this year?

Sorry for the confusing post, but 6 weeks is a long time without money especially since I have to relocate for the job!

AFAIK you can work while in receipt of BTEA. However, since your term has officially finished, you are not entitled to BTEA, so you would need to inform them of such.

Advertisement