Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit As Part Of Fee - Covered By Grant?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm expecting to be offered a place on a masters within the next couple of weeks.

I'm also 99.99% sure I will qualify to have my fees paid by the government based on researching the requirements needed for this. I have sent everything off, so I'm just wanting to hear confirmation.

My question is this - the masters will require me to pay a €500 deposit to ensure my place on the course, and this is part of the €6,250 (or thereabouts) fee. Presuming I qualify to have my fees paid, will I have to pay the €500 and then receive this back from SUSI, or will SUSI sort it out with the college once I send in evidence of them covering my fees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

I got offer a place & the deposit was €1000 which had to be paid within 10 days , so I had to pay it , when you get the grand the deposit will be repaid to you back by the college

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I got offer a place & the deposit was €1000 which had to be paid within 10 days , so I had to pay it , when you get the grand the deposit will be repaid to you back by the college

Cheers mate. Time to get saving I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Paully D,

Just to confirm what you have been told. If you pay the deposit and get awarded the grant we will release your fee grant to the college in one lump sum. The college will then reimburse you any payments you have made.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    Hi Paully D,

Just to confirm what you have been told. If you pay the deposit and get awarded the grant we will release your fee grant to the college in one lump sum. The college will then reimburse you any payments you have made.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Thanks for the response Aoife, much appreciated.

On a slightly separate note, do you have any idea when SuSi will be sending out letters to confirm whether or not I will have my fees paid for me?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Paully D,

I don't know what stage of the application process you're at. If you would like to mail me your details I can check your status for you.

I will need the following details to do so: W reference number, D.O.B, Address, Mother's Maiden Name:

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement