Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Considered Fair maintenance

Options
  • 06-06-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I am facing court in a few weeks for divorce hearing. Briefly my situtation is : I am a mother of two boys 11 and 13. I have been separated from their Father for 8 years. We have a separation agreement in place since 2005. Access and maintenace and property agreed.

Maintenace was agreed at €1000 per month. I bought him out of family home. We split the amount we reduced the mortgage by in half. Equity wasn't considered in divison of property.

I am now seeking an increase in maintnenace to cover school costs and medical costs and other costs that are associated with secondary school.

I run my own business and things are very tight at the moment. In summary the childrens costs are:

Per Month
    Food 600
    ESB/Oil/Phone 320
    Clubs 264
    Clothes 92
    Childminding 720
    Doctors 41
    Sundry 55
    House Maint 80
    Total 2172

My monthly income is about €3915, inclding Childrens allowance and Maintenance.

I cover the cost of a mortgage and all that goes with.

He says he pays more than enough to cover all these things, but I dont agree.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to what the likely amount of maintnenace would be the norm for those in similar sitautations.

I know every one is very different but I would jsut like to understand what others would think

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP this forum is not permitted to give legal advice, any opinion offered here would just be that - an opinion when really you need advise with the weight of a legal professional behind it.

Thread closed, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement