Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Terminal Server Licensing

Options
  • 06-06-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I have a simple question which I presume doesn't have a simple answer.
    I have an office with about 20 employees and we have upgraded our terminal server (Win sbs 2003) to a sbs 2011 server. It was only ever used before for some admin staff to connect using remote desktop to the sage accounts package.
    Now we would like to use the new TS (2011) server as a MS Office server also.

I have contacted Microsoft and they said I need to purchase Office 2013 Sngl OPEN 1 License No Level @ about €336 ex vat.
    Now I know that I need to also purchase 20 x Remote desktop licenses but what I'm not sure about is the Office licenses.
    Do I need to purchase the above Office 2013 Sngl OPEN 1 License No Level @ about €336 ex vat for all 20 users? That would seem a bit expensive so I presume there is another option.
    Can anyone shed some light please?

Den

Comments

Advertisement