Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aventura Dome Tent (2 Man) - €15.19 [Halfords.ie]

Options
  • 06-06-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on HUKD.

It is €18.99 + 20% off All Camping Equipment at the moment = €15.19 at checkout.

Good price, and perfect for Festivals.

Aventura 2 Man Dome Tent With Porch - €15.19

339058?$PDP_MAIN$

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Good price but it's always wise to go for a waterproof tent if you are going to an Irish festival. There is always some rain, and if there's only one layer it's going to leak through and you will either get very wet or have to abandon your tent.

One of the reviews:
    I bought this tent and as any usual customer would do, I set it up in my back garden to test it out. But with the typical weather in Wales it was raining in the night and the day after, when the showers had died down, I went out to see how it had done throughout the rain, but I open the doors and I am confronted with about 1-2 inches of water, and after a thorough search I found the rain was not only seeping through the single stitched seams but was also pouring through the seams in the corners which hadn't been stitched properly and already had wide gaps between stitches. And this is why I would not recommend this tent to people, and also shows the cons of low economy valued items.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Tusky wrote: »
    Good price but it's always wise to go for a waterproof tent if you are going to an Irish festival. There is always some rain, and if there's only one layer it's going to leak through and you will either get very wet or have to abandon your tent.

One of the reviews:

Woah.

Cancel cancel cancel..
    I have it reserved to pick up...

I just won't pick it up. I didn't put a real phone number in anyway, as it didn't seem to recognise, and it wasn't important.
    Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

For the money its grand. One nighter job in fair weather.

BUT.

Keep and eye on Tesco. I know for a fact. There is loads of tents in back stock from last year.

Its always better to go for a twin wall tent as the condensation in the morning makes for a bad day ahead.

Advertisement