Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you change your property tax valuation after registering

Options
  • 06-06-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I registered online for my property tax a couple of months ago. The valuation I received from Revenue was between 100-150k. At the time, I thought that might be a little too high, but as no similar property has sold in my area recently, I went ahead with the revenue valuation. However in the last week, a house in our estate which is the exact same as ours has gone on the market for 95k. Is there anyway I can appeal the valuation now or now that I have agreed, is it too late and I have to suck it up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

ncmc wrote: »
    I registered online for my property tax a couple of months ago. The valuation I received from Revenue was between 100-150k. At the time, I thought that might be a little too high, but as no similar property has sold in my area recently, I went ahead with the revenue valuation. However in the last week, a house in our estate which is the exact same as ours has gone on the market for 95k. Is there anyway I can appeal the valuation now or now that I have agreed, is it too late and I have to suck it up!

1890 200 255 Revenue lpt helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ncmc wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can appeal the valuation now or now that I have agreed, is it too late and I have to suck it up!

I'd take a read of the appeals FAQs but it looks like you may be too late with it. Best of luck either way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

How recently is "recently"?

The valuation date is May 7th, so if it sold after that, it'd make it more difficult to argue as to the valuation.

Advertisement