Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Humanities DKIT

Options
  • 06-06-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I would really appreciate information from anyone recently graduated, or presently studying, Digital Humanities at DKIT. I have an offer of a BA Humanities at St Patricks College Drumcondra, and Similar at DCU but I am drawn to the Digital aspect of the DKIT course... Would be grateful for any guidence given ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cogra10

Hi,
    I just finished this course this year, one of its first graduates! I Majored in English and Minor was Archaeology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 afhl

cogra10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just finished this course this year, one of its first graduates! I Majored in English and Minor was Archaeology.

Hi, Thank you for posting. I have accepted DKIT and would appreciate any advice or informed knowledge of your experience of this course.. I too hope to major in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cogra10

The digital aspect is more or less about making websites and like putting information up on websites, or making databases and putting info in.
    One thing I have to say is that as we were the first one doing this course, it was quite badly organised but the new 3rd years now have had a much better experience from listening to them and theres a new lecturer there who seems to be really getting on top of things.
    The lecturers are all really good and if theres ever an issue approach them in person or email and they do their best to explain the question or topic to you.
    The English modules are all really interesting, its a good mix of topics, like plays,poetry,even graphic novels we came across, so really interesting.
    Dunno if you know, but your first semester will be quite crazy but manageable as you be trying a module in archaeology,English and politics, but once you get through this semester things be calmer for the second semester.
    Be prepared to read a lot! Thats my one huge tip as now since finishing college Im enjoying just sitting back and reading magazines and picking my own books to read.
    The coursework for English is normally a mix of presentations,essays, log books (like diary entries of 500-1000) words and then exams in some modules there no exams and could be 100% CA (continuous assessment)

Overall its a very interesting course, which I have enjoyed doing. Let me know if anymore issues or that you need help with.

Advertisement