Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education switch to Jobseekers for Summer months

Options
  • 06-06-2013 7:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm in my 3rd year in college and receive BTEA.

Moved from the city centre to Sandyford a few months back and received a letter 3 weeks ago saying my offices would be switched from cc to Sandyford and I would have to go down and transfer, which I did yesterday.

But according to the lady there I now have to be means tested/supply bank statements etc as well as my co-habiting partner, even though nothing has changed from the past 9 months in which I have received my payment with no problems.

Usually during the summer months i just get switched to JObseekers for 3 months then back again, but this doesnt seem to be the case.

There's also no payment this week either.

Is this standard procedure now that I am dealing with a new office?

Thanks for any help guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Were you living with your partner last summer?
    If you were claiming on JSB it may have expired and now you are applying for JSA for the summer which is means tested.
    Being in a new office shouldn't change how the claim is processed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Were you living with your partner last summer?
    If you were claiming on JSB it may have expired and now you are applying for JSA for the summer which is means tested.
    Being in a new office shouldn't change how the claim is processed.

Hi Sue

thanks for your reply. No, I wasn't living with her which is probably why it's being assessed now.

Neither of us are working and I was receiving the normal 188 plus the 124 co habiting payment, so hopefully this will remain the same

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

As neither of you are working you should get the full €312.80 rate. They will just do a desk assessment and hopefully it won't take to long for a decision.

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    As neither of you are working you should get the full €312.80 rate. They will just do a desk assessment and hopefully it won't take to long for a decision.

Thanks for all your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

By the way, any time I have changed offices, I have had to go for an assessment. But if neither of you are working, it's pretty straight forward ;)

• Advertisement

The woman in our new social welfare office said they were just waiting on my old social welfare office to change my 'office code' so the payment could be transferred to here, and that a 'supervisor would call me' as soon as with was changed

I have a friend who works in my old office and he said he changed the code for me yesterday but i still have heard nothing, and got no payment.

I didn't think it was standard procedure for social welfare to call on the phone to give you an update on the status of your payment?

Advertisement