Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debt Card Memo and Email

Options
  • 05-06-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

With the new feature for RFID payments on the card, I use it a lot more. Instead of taking cash out I use it for day to day stuff which means when I get the statement I have no recollection of what the payments are. This makes it hard to spot errors or misuse.

I'd really like a feature that would email me and/or notify me in the app when a transaction is made so that I can have a memo of the transactions. If I got the email when I wasn't expecting it I would know there was an issue. I could use the emails to reconcile the statements to see if it's all correct.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

With the new feature for RFID payments on the card, I use it a lot more. Instead of taking cash out I use it for day to day stuff which means when I get the statement I have no recollection of what the payments are. This makes it hard to spot errors or misuse.

I'd really like a feature that would email me and/or notify me in the app when a transaction is made so that I can have a memo of the transactions. If I got the email when I wasn't expecting it I would know there was an issue. I could use the emails to reconcile the statements to see if it's all correct.
    Hi usernamegoes,

Thank you for the suggestion, we will forward this onto our Online Banking team for future consideration.

Although the Contactless facility is on the card, you do not have to use it if you are finding it hard to manage, please note these transactions are currently free.  

To keep track of your transactions, we would suggest you keep a receipt of each one, that way you can cross reference them with your statement, 365 online or the 365 App using the date and amount of the transaction.

Thanks

Seán

Advertisement