Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webs Site Builder V3

Options
  • 05-06-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Has anyone used the webs builder for building websites? They have updated their builder programmer and I'm having lots of problems with my site since then, so much so that I am wondering if I should stick with webs or move to a different builder.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most of the webs, weebly, wix etc. services are rubbish being honest. Your best bet is to host your own Wordpress.org blog, download a free/purchase a premium theme and do some research into how Wordpress works. It is very straightforward, even for beginners, but does require some effort by the admin to get to grips with the terminology and usage. Youtube has plenty of tutorials, just search "installing wordpress", "setup wordpress", "pages and blogs wordpress", "wordpress plugins" etc. in youtube and you should get plenty of tutorials illustrating what you wish to do.
    The great thing about Wordpress will be: Better SEO than the online builders typically, consistency in the site, less messing around with "web builders" required to update it..

Nick

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

+1 for Yoyo's recommendations.

To augment that, why not hire a student to help you out? For 100-200 quid you'll find plenty of good students willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

I've used wordpress before and find it brilliant, very user friendly and easy to make clean uncluttered site.

My problem here is that I need to include and online shop and multiple email addresses linked to the site.

secretary@...
    coach@.....
    etc.

Have you come across the facility to do this with wordpress?

KonFusion wrote: »
    +1 for Yoyo's recommendations.

To augment that, why not hire a student to help you out? For 100-200 quid you'll find plenty of good students willing to help.

Sadly I am also a poor student so I don't have any cash to spare.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

treccie wrote: »
    I've used wordpress before and find it brilliant, very user friendly and easy to make clean uncluttered site.

My problem here is that I need to include and online shop and multiple email addresses linked to the site.

secretary@...
    coach@.....
    etc.

Have you come across the facility to do this with wordpress?

Check out OpenCart for a free easy to use online shopping cart platform, or one of Wordpress's shopping cart plugins. When you purchase hosting with your web host (we can't give recommendations on here) you can easily add email addresses via the web hosting control panel.
    If by multiple email addresses you mean admin/content publisher logins, then yes Wordpress supports adding admins, authors etc. who can login to the site and modify it based on the level you choose :) . Make sure to use wordpress.org and not wordpress.com. Wordpress.com is a blog hosting platform, Wordpress.org lets you download the customizable Wordpress platform that you can install on your own webhost.

Nick

• Advertisement

That's a great help - thank you!

Advertisement