Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value laptop ?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all . I will be in the market soon for a new laptop and was wonderong if anyone could reconnmend a make/ model that is bang for the buck. .priorities for me are price ! Memory size and general usfulness for backing up phones , itunes and stuff .

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 82,082 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HP M6-1205dx
    Dell XPS 12 duo (the value being its also a tablet)
    Couple Asus models also hit the right bells for value but it depends on your market. I like the Q200 if you want something small with nice features on a budget.
    Acer usually looks competitive but like toshiba they just feel a but more delicate.

Lenovo above looks good sounds good and Lenovo is good but that processor is sub par. Look for an i3 at least, but the best bang for buck in intel is the i5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ressurecting this as i'll be looking at refurbished laptop rather than new, so any opinions on this
    Todhiba c660 15b 6 gb ram €250 In Cex. Any questions i should ask about it or things to look for? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

cjmc wrote: »
    Ressurecting this as i'll be looking at refurbished laptop rather than new, so any opinions on this
    Todhiba c660 15b 6 gb ram €250 In Cex. Any questions i should ask about it or things to look for? Thanks

What do you need to use it for. Online suggests it only has two USB 2.0 ports and no HDMI out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mordeith wrote: »
    What do you need to use it for. Online suggests it only has two USB 2.0 ports and no HDMI out.

Mostly itunes syncing, browsing and storage .
    I also want to learn a bit about promgramming / writing code

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

cjmc wrote: »
    Mostly itunes syncing, browsing and storage .
    I also want to learn a bit about promgramming / writing code

You need to find out what CPU, OS and size or HDD if comes with. I believe when it first came out it only had a 320GB drive

Advertisement