Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 to airport traffic - Friday evenings?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, I have a flight at 17:45 on Friday, and I finish work in Damastown (near blanch) at 15:30 - what is the traffic like to the airport at that time? The last time I flew it took me 20 mins but that was 4am so the traffic was non existent! Just wondering what the traffic is like so I'll know how much time to allow :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Personally I would go the back roads through St Margarets,less traffic less good roads ,but quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Personally I would go the back roads through St Margarets,less traffic less good roads ,but quicker.
    The N2-N3 link road is now open, so the terrible Kilshane road can be avoided. Damastown > Tyrrelstown > Link road > Cherryhound (Brock Inn) > Kilshane cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ireland are playing Faroe Islands at 19.45, that might contribute to the traffic on Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ireland are playing Faroe Islands at 19.45, that might contribute to the traffic on Friday.
    They playing at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They playing at the airport?

:D No but might be a few country folk heading off the M1 and it can contribute to the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It won't even take 30 mins op. 25 max.

Interesting to note the n2 n3 link is open though! That'll be handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 flysa01

Thanks everyone! I just rechecked my ticket and my flight isn't until 17:45 so I should, SHOULD be grand! But I'm just one of those people that would rather be there early :) I will try the back way though, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i went from ballycoolin via blanch motorway exit to clontarf (M50/M1) at 4.05pm yesterday and did it in 20mins or so...so the airport should be no issue

Advertisement