Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of accounts from Bridge Street Cork to Patricks Street Cork

Options
  • 05-06-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Not impressed with migration of customers accounts from Bridge Street Branch to Patrick Street Branch!

Last month I had car insurance direct debit refused due to a BOI error. BOI wrote to me explaining error etc. Insurance company wanted to cancel my insurance! It took a lot of phone calls to fix it!

Today both my Credit Card and Debit card were locked due to 'Security Flags'. I lost a lunch break at the top of queue in a shopping frantically calling BOI numbers to pay for an item. Very embarrassing.

The Credit card issue got fixed after 30 mins of frustrating phone calls :(

The Debit card still does not work. If you have sort code 90-27-92 on a card, it apparently does not exist anymore, and merchant terminals & ATMs will reject the card. Called BOI and NOW are posting a new card to me.. will take 3 to 5 working days... there goes the weekend :( & food shop.

I can't withdraw cash now, because I work 08:00h to 19:00h Monday to Saturday.

Why didn't your IT guys test a few accounts first before breaking customers accounts? I travel with work every month and I'm not impressed with this performance... I guess I'm lucky this happened today while in Ireland.

Why did BOI not issue NEW cards with valid sort codes before the mass account migration?

Why did BOI not even send letter / email explaining possible issues?

Wonder how many more customer are left standing in queues today unable to purchase products?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Tazio,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

We are sorry to hear the migration of your account did not go as smoothly as hoped. As we do not have account access here, we are unable to check the status of this. 

If you would like to PM us your contact number we will arrange for a member of staff in your branch to call you directly, who will be happy to look into this further for you.

Or else please see here for locations and contact details for all our branches.

As always we appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments on to our branch network.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Hi Tazio,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

We are sorry to hear the migration of your account did not go as smoothly as hoped. As we do not have account access here, we are unable to check the status of this. 

If you would like to PM us your contact number we will arrange for a member of staff in your branch to call you directly, who will be happy to look into this further for you.

Or else please see here for locations and contact details for all our branches.

As always we appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments on to our branch network.

Thanks,

Paula C
    Hello Paula,

Thank you for reply. Name & Number PM-ed.

Regards...

Hi Tazio,

We have received and replied to your PM.

Thanks again for getting in touch, if there is anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

Hi Paula,

Just to follow up.. I've heard nothing from the branch to date... but that's life I guess?   :)

Not to worry though I've found a very useful link on a website there this afternoon..

Best regards.

Hi Tazio,

Sincere apologies that you have not had any contact from your Branch so far. 

I have sent a follow up email to your branch asking them to contact you as soon as possible.

I hope this will resolve your issue.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement

Hi Guys..

Still no contact...:(  Although the new debit card did arrive..

To be honest the last few weeks have left a stale taste... loosing time at work during the day to fix banking admin/IT errors.... not good.

That coupled with the new bank charge notifications lately.

I've deiced to change to PTSB......

All the best,
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Tazio wrote: »
    Hi Guys..

Still no contact...  Although the new debit card did arrive..

To be honest the last few weeks have left a stale taste... loosing time at work during the day to fix banking admin/IT errors.... not good.

That coupled with the new bank charge notifications lately.

I've deiced to change to PTSB......

All the best,
    T
    Hi Tazio,

We are sorry to hear you still haven't been contacted.  We are investigating this for you and we will come back to you as soon as we have an update.

Apologies again

Seán

Hi Seán,

Thanks for your concern... But genuinely, there is no need to call back now at this stage. I'm all sorted now.

Thanks and best of luck
    T

Advertisement