Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill Five a Sides

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Cool photos, my young lad is in the second photo... good looking young chap isn't he!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

From a sports perspective, there is nothing in the 2nd photo. I certainly wouldn't use it.

Images #3 and #5 I would crop in to the action a lot tighter.

Otherwise, a nice set of images.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

First one is the best of the bunch.

2 has no impact and it's just 2 players looking down at a ball that can't be seen.

3 isn't capturing peak action. The player is controlling a ball but 2 players behind him are distracting. Even a tight crop wouldn't work.

4 you're standing and looking down on the players. Doesn't work, also doesn't work because there's a huge gap in between the players.

5 had it been a fraction of a second earlier it would have been ok. The ball is a mile away from the players, you'd need it closer to them and a tight crop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

That's exactly the kind of feedback I'm after thanks :) I'll do some cropping and see what I can get together. I have loads more images too I might post some more of my better ones as well. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

How about this one?
    1BCvoCA.png

cropped from
    8953285144_a815798cfa_c.jpg
    Salthill Five a Sides by xlan's photos, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Good crop. The amount of dead space around him in the original takes it away. When I was photographing at Wembley I had to use something similar to your un cropped image to get in as much England crests etc for stock images. It's the only time that it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

Cam result is good but I definitely would have liked more if these were from some UCL finals or Semi's may be :p

Advertisement