Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Laois?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

As the title suggests mates :D Does anybody know of any clubs operating in laois that do beginner courses and are preferrably near portlaoise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Irish Archery Club would be pretty close to you...

http://www.irishfieldarchery.com/clublinks/iac.html

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Barrelbomb wrote: »
    As the title suggests mates :D Does anybody know of any clubs operating in laois that do beginner courses and are preferrably near portlaoise?

If your thinking of trying that club Lardy posted I would be interested in car pooling with you. Im about ten minutes from Portlaoise and drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Barrelbomb

That would be interesting to try out Recurve, I will definitely get back to you on that i'm still in the planning stages at the moment but deffo in the next few weeks will see about taking you up on that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Barrelbomb wrote: »
    That would be interesting to try out Recurve, I will definitely get back to you on that i'm still in the planning stages at the moment but deffo in the next few weeks will see about taking you up on that offer

Cheers, just pm me if interested. I was going to do a beginners course because I want to make sure i have a decent technique. Would be interesting splitting the costs for both of us when were heading in the same direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2 admcdo

Hi folks, I'm also based in Laois and would love to get into archery. Did you find a club that was suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi
    Anyone find a suitable club
    cheers
    joe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

http://archery.ie/site/index.php/current-clubs/leinster-clubs/

Those are Archery Ireland clubs. The IFAF has imploded since this thread was started and the current IFAF site doesn't have a list of clubs, AFAIK. Look up SIFA, the new alternate version of IFAF.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2 admcdo

sentenel wrote: »
    Hi
    cheers
    joe

None very locally I'm afraid. Ended up doing the beginner's course in Galway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

sentenel wrote: »
    Hi
    cheers
    joe

Depending on what part of Laois you're in you Mightn't be that far from IAC , outside Edenderry. I know a few lads living in Laois in IAC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

You'll find IAC in the SIFA site.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks to all for the info, I will contact the lads in the IAC and some one gave me the number of a club in Kilkenny as I'm based near Abbeyleix, The KYA
    Anyone got any info on this club?
    cheers
    joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Warbow is in Kilkenny, they are an IFAF club.

Advertisement