Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City to Dun laoghaire at night

Options
  • 05-06-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi guys, I recently moved to Dun Laoghaire. I'm just wondering what the best way to get from Dublin City centre to Dun Laoghaire at night is? From the looks of it the Nitelink only runs on Fri and Sat. Is the aircoach an option and how do fares work from the city centre? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

Aircoach aren't allowed pickup after leaving the airport so they won't be any use to you. Taxi or cycling will probably be your only options.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Thanks for the quick response. That's a pity about Aircoach. It would've been useful at night. A taxi would cost a nice few quid I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

DART runs until about midnight. The Green Luas runs about half an hour later. You could get it to Sandyford and get a taxi from there or walk about 10 minutes to the Leopardstown Inn and get a taxi from there - usually is one at one of them.
    Or go an extra stop and walk a few minutes to the Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown, which also has taxis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Taxi is probably 22 euro, but would depend on where in Dun Laoghaire you're going and what route they took. Imagine the Rock Road would be cheaper than the N11 anyway.

you could also get the last Luas to Sandyford and Taxi from there would be about 10-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

If it was a regular thing you could work out a deal with thea same taxi (wo)man. I had a guy that dropped me to the Dun Laoghaire end of Monkstown for 15e from anywhere in town, I just had to give him about 25 mins notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

This runs Thurs, Fri & Sat if you want to get off at either Stillorgan or Cabinteely, maybe Foxrock if you ask nicely.

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/page10.php

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Great, thanks for the recommendations. It wouldn't be a regular thing anyway. It's just good to know if I decide to go to any midweek events/gigs in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Most taxi drivers will take €20 to anywhere in Dún Laoghaire, just ask them before getting in. More often than not it won't be much over €20 on the meter as it's in their interest to get out and back as quick as possible. :rolleyes:

I do it quite often and got sick of some of them taking the píss so I agree a price now. They are more than happy with a €20 run.

Advertisement