Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beard Alopecia

Options
  • 04-06-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

I've never seen this mentioned before here and I reckon it's fairly rare, but has anyone experienced it or know anyone who's experienced it?

I've had it since January of this year and went to the doctor shortly after noticing a smallish bald patch to the side of my chin. He said that it was probably due to stress (I was job hunting up until shortly before Christmas) and that I'd have a full growth by summer.

Five months on and the initial patch has grown larger and two patches that developed around February have joined up and there doesn't seem to be any end to the spread.

I suppose it's not as bad as alopecia areata but it's still extremely frustrating and rather upsetting that I can't grow any stubble at all and even when I do shave twice a day, the bald patches are still quite noticeable along my jawline.

The fact that I don't really know the reason for this happening and there being no proven cure for it either makes it really annoying.

Any advice/experiences with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

Fortunately as a male hair is in plentiful supply .

Bit of prit-stick ... pull a fist full of hair off your back.
    Hey presto. Full beard.

Really though, you might just have to style your way around the problem, like with the partially bald shaving their head as the lesser of two evils.

Full beard or no beard Im guessing.

Or combover beard ...which would be fascinating... in a hairy way.

I heard it can be down to an iron deficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I don't have a beard personally :p

But I am a hairdresser and barber and over the years have seen alot of men with this! The longer your beard becomes obviously the less visible it becomes but alot of men can't grow a beard because of these patches!

Do you want a full beard?

Advertisement