Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roof Box Colour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The grey one is €60 cheaper, and to my eye looks better too. Get yourself an AXA plus card for another 10% off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

they look as good as each other ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Anan1 wrote: »
    The grey one is €60 cheaper, and to my eye looks better too. Get yourself an AXA plus card for another 10% off.

+1

Keeps stuff inside that little bit cooler too

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That car trim is black, so maybe black?

But tbh it's not something I'd notice once whichever box is on the car.
    60euro cheaper for the grey means you have a little extra holiday cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

dgt wrote: »
    +1

Keeps stuff inside that little bit cooler too
    never thought of that. good point

yeah-fair enough. I think the 60 quid is too big to ignore too.

Cheers for the opinions and replies. I'll head back to the store later and get the grey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I've the same car as you, OP - I'd be interested in finding out how easy it is to fit / remove, and also does it need any mounting points other than the roof bars that come standard with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Yakuza wrote: »
    I've the same car as you, OP - I'd be interested in finding out how easy it is to fit / remove, and also does it need any mounting points other than the roof bars that come standard with the car.

we have the rails which is good but we need the bars (that go across the car only......prices range from 100-200....more aerodynamic and look well as price increases.

I won't be using the box that much ...maybe 3-5 times a year. therefore I'll take the bars off each time...so not worried about the look of the bars, so I'm going to buy Halfords black bars at €100.

Guy in the shop should me the locking mechanism of the bars to my rails..seems simple enough to put on/off these bars...its just putting on/off the bulky box itself that will require a 2 man job, i reckon

They both look good to be honest. I'd be more inclined to go with the cheapest of the two.

Settle it with this

Heads-Grey

Tails-Black

:pac:

Advertisement