Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK resident wants to open Bank of Ireland € Account for new home purchase in Ireland

Options
  • 04-06-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 

I'm currently living in the UK & am in the process of trying to buy a property in Ireland. I am a UK resident with no current permanent address in Ireland. I want to open up a € account. How can I go about this please?

Regards
    Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

ibonney wrote: »
    Hi, 

I'm currently living in the UK & am in the process of trying to buy a property in Ireland. I am a UK resident with no current permanent address in Ireland. I want to open up a € account. How can I go about this please?

Regards
    Ian
    Hi ibonney,

Itis generally a requirement that you have a permanent Irish address and call into a branch in person to open an account with us. The decision to proceed with account opening in this situation would be at the discretion of the branch you contact.

You can find the contact details for our branches here

Thanks for taking the time to post and I wish you all the best with the house hunting.

Seán

Advertisement