Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain welfare payments??

Options
  • 04-06-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

so I got let go from my job in April and started a claim as soon as possible, then I got a letter in on the 25th may saying I would be paid from the 18th April and would be €188 per week.

so last week I collected €724.70 and thought anything else would be paid this week, but I collected €188 this week.

to explain it a bit better, the receipt last week says 35 extra days, and this week says 6 extra days. when I called the welfare they said it was paid on a daily basis and it was correct.

my way of thinkin would for last week, be to divide €188 by 7 (days in a week) then x it by 35days which equals €940 but I only got 724.70?

am I missing something or is there something wrong?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

€188 is for 6 days. SW is paid on a 6 day week. The first 3 days of your claim you would not be paid for as they are waiting days unless you had a previous jsb claim within 6 months or a jsa claim within 12 months. SW week is not Sun-Sat, its either Tue-Mon or Wed-Tue depending on which jobseekers payment you are on. Were you on supplementary welfare allowance while you were waiting for you claim to be processed? If you were then any monies paid out on this scheme would be refunded from your jobseekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

Looks like I've got it sorted, thanks to Sue!

Advertisement