Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal time between signings

Options
  • 04-06-2013 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I've been on JSA for two months and it's the first time I've ever been on it so not too sure about how everything works.

When I first qualified I was given a date to sign at the office. I did that three weeks ago and there was a sign up saying that today was my next signing day. I went down this morning and they told me that I didn't have to sign today and won't have to sign again until May next year.

Now, all going to plan I'll be well back in work at that stage, but is this normal? I was under the impression I'd be signing every month. Have I done something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What does the slip you get from the post office say about your signing dates. Signing monthly is the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

It says May 2014 as well. I never noticed it had a date on it.

I've been trying to ring them but no one is answering the phone so I might tip in tomorrow to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

The normal signing pattern is every 28 days (unless you live over 10 miles from the office). Some offices are deferring the dates for signing but I would be surprised if it was by a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Are you sure its JSA that you are on? Perhaps its a credits claim that you have and if that is the case then you sign annually. If you are in receipt of JSA are you farming and if that is the case then you only sign annually also.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Some offices are not doing monthly signings at the moment.

Mine stopped around November last year and my PO slip says my next signing date is November 2013, so a year between signings.

They can call you randomly to sign on though, and I've had to do it twice since this was introduced. They'll send you a text and a letter though if they want you to sign on so you will be given notice.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Some offices are not doing monthly signings at the moment.

Mine stopped around November last year and my PO slip says my next signing date is November 2013, so a year between signings.

They can call you randomly to sign on though, and I've had to do it twice since this was introduced. They'll send you a text and a letter though if they want you to sign on so you will be given notice.

Hope this helps.

If that's the case then it sounds like annual holiday leave coupled with the volume of claims to be dealt with that this is how their coping with it.

Advertisement