Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with sony vaio windows update

Options
  • 04-06-2013 9:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I am not having very much success in updating windows 7 on my laptop does anyone know if there is a free download to fix this this please, I have backup everything just in case I will have to go back to factory settings, but would like to avoid that if possible.

Downloaded Microsoft repair but they want me to pay to have it fixed and i would first like to know if there is any other way in fixing the updates and missing or corrupt dll.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Will the pc boot in safe mode?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Maura74

mp22 wrote: »
    Will the pc boot in safe mode?

Yes it can boot in safe mode, what can that do please

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Maura74 wrote: »
    Yes it can boot in safe mode, what can that do please
    View the installed windows updates while running in safe mode,control panel- programs-view installed updates uninstall the last updates installed (by date) and see if the pc will boot normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

some issue with a recent update I think. Also affected the update process in Windows 7. 3-4 updates that may not wish to install properly. Caught it when doing maintenance to the old man's poker machine/virus trap

Fix that worked for me was to uninstall then reinstall the .net 4 framework.

Also noticed this issue on a couple display models at work, so might also affect some update experiences in Windows 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Maura74

Thanks for replies, it is now telling me that wlidcli.dll is missing is there an easy way to install that again please. Updates are not installing and perhaps that they will install again when I installed the missing dll.

• Advertisement
Advertisement