Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 400 schools ranks and the institute of education question.

Options
  • 04-06-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought the list of the top 400 secondary schools yesterday and looked through the top few schools and found that the institue of education ,Dublin
    Was excluded from the list.

I would like to know why the paper doesn't include the institute into the list and if they were to be put in the list where would they rank?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What do you mean excluded? As in wasn't included in the survey or wasn't on the list?

If the latter, maybe the writer didn't think it was in the top 400 for whatever reason. You should email the person who wrote it if you actually want a reply to where it would rank. This forum is mostly full of students.

Which paper was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

That list is useless. I know at least 3 in my year didn't get a place in a 3 rd level college but yet my school is listed as having 100% going to 3 rd level. Plus I say 75-80 % of my year went to universities but my school is listed as lower.

But the ioe has the best teachers in Dublin for most subject if your wondering. I didn't go but I know at lot of people said its amazing. But a lot of people can't handle the freedom and the fact they don't care if you go to class or not. I didn't go but I have heard if you work hard you will do very well. I know in some schools you can give it 100% but if your teachers are **** you wont get the points you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I'd imagine it dealt only with schools that benefit from state funds. What paper was it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The IOE is not a school, it's a business. That is why it is not on the list of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

As mentioned above, the IOE isn't really a school at all, or not in the traditional sense. I'm sure all the other 'grinds-schools' aren't on the list either. If it was ranked I reckon it would probably reach #1, and comfortably in the top 10, that is of course, if the list is based solely on it's academics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

My school is at the very bottom of our counties list :')
    But yeah grinds schools generally arent on it, but if they were they would probably dominate the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

What's the list? Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

My school is first in my county. Let's bring it down bitchesssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any link to this list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

It was a supplement in the sunday times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement