Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT 5th Year Study ?

Options
  • 03-06-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm going into fifth year in September and am dead-set on going for medicine. Is it worthwhile to do some preparation for the HPAT (and UKCAT) during fifth year? I'm thinking that it would be good to do some foundation work in fifth year given that I'll be busy with orals, mocks and general study before the HPAT in 6th or is the nature of the HPAT such that you can't really study for it but only familiarise yourself with it? (I personally think that's BS)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

You can definitely study for it, I didn't do anything in fifth year and pretty much have it complete priority over my mocks this year. I don't think there would have been much of a difference if I did anything for it last year.

Just go through the sample papers with an uncanny eye for detail. Do a prep course. Make sure you understand every answer. Timing is everything as well.

Advertisement