Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to college.. To late?

Options
  • 03-06-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I decided to go back to college but was told that I am to late applying for BETA and i'd have to wait till next December to apply? I was hoping I could apply this year as another year of doing nothing isn't very appealing..

Am I to late?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

carzony wrote: »
    I decided to go back to college but was told that I am to late applying for BETA and i'd have to wait till next December to apply? I was hoping I could apply this year as another year of doing nothing isn't very appealing..

Am I to late?

When are you going back to college? September 2013? Or have you started already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

cee_jay wrote: »
    When are you going back to college? September 2013? Or have you started already?

I wanted to go back this spetember and I have been on to obair about it but they never got back to me, I'm gonna ring tomorrow but would you think i'm to late to apply by now?

Just to be clear as of yet I have not even applied for anything

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

carzony wrote: »
    I wanted to go back this spetember and I have been on to obair about it but they never got back to me, I'm gonna ring tomorrow but would you think i'm to late to apply by now?

Just to be clear as of yet I have not even applied for anything

Who told you it was too late to apply for BTEA?

From welfare.ie

Contact your local second- or third-level school or college to get details of the courses available. They will also advise you on how to get a place on the course of your choice.
    When you are accepted on a course, you should notify the Department of Social Protection by filling in the Back to Education Allowance application form (pdf), which is also available from your social welfare local office.
    You must get written confirmation that you are registered as a full-time day student from the college registrar or admission officer. You will not get payment of BTEA until you give this confirmation letter to the Department of Social Protection.
    You must apply for BTEA before starting an approved course. A late application will be accepted if there is a good reason for it being late and it is received by the relevant section in the Department within 30 days of the course starting.

It may be too late to apply for some college courses however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

cee_jay wrote: »
    Who told you it was too late to apply for BTEA?

From welfare.ie

It mat be too late to apply for some college courses however.

I'll ring obair in the morning, they usually have a great idea about all the courses and stuff like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

You might be to late to apply for collage but not BTEA you can apply for that anytime once you have a letter of approval stating what coarse you are going to be doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

You might indeed be too late to apply to a lot of colleges, but you shouldn't be too late to apply for BTEA. December doesn't even make sense in this regard as I will be applying for BTEA in two weeks time when I get my results?

Advertisement