Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wheels/rims

Options
  • 03-06-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi guys..
    some advice please...I have to get a new wheel/rim for a trailer as the old rim is cracked...problem is I don't know what car the wheel/rim is from!! there was a number stamped on the rim 8838 0395...how do you find out what car its from?? any ideas, I attached a picture if that helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Measure the distance between two bolt holes (opposites, not side-by-side), centre to centre, that'll give you the PCD and help in finding the marque it originally came from, or a suitable alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭navara man

look like a opel astra 1997 rim

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dermot10

thanks for that

navara man wrote: »
    look like a opel astra 1997 rim

It looks like a lot of steel wheels.

really ..only car i ever see with those type of rim are opel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

agreed you cant possibly tell from looking at it , measure the PCD of the holes and the diameter of the centre hub hole and we will be able to tell with some accuracy

navara man wrote: »
    really ..only car i ever see with those type of rim are opel

Ford, VW, Toyota.. they all use them.

...unless there is something distinctive I'm not aware of?

Toyota/ford/vw rims have a flatter face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Looks like a 4 bolt Citroen rim to me, Picaso or similar. What diameter is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I'm pretty sure it is a Fiat rim. See the second smaller set of holes between the main bolt holes? Pretty much only found on Fiats due to the locating lug they use to help mount the wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Hell of a lot of damage to that wheel, must have been under water or under severe load!

Advertisement