Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Biology.

Options
  • 03-06-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I love Biology. However, I hate every aspect of learning things about plants! I find it so dull for some reason and I'm dreading any questions asked about flora next Tuesday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Although it's not advisable, you can actually leave all plant biology out and still be able to answer all the questions (I've gone through the papers and checked because I hate plant biology myself :P ) This includes plant reproduction, transport and exchange in plants, photosynthesis (the detailed light and dark stage stuff in the cell section), vegetative propagation, and structure of flowering plants. However, if you planned on doing this, I'd still know the plant experiments, don't leave them out, and maybe know the basics of the plant chapters to give you more choice on the short questions. And, note that you'd still have to know respiration, fungi, monera, protista, ecology, genetics, ecology and all the human biology off to a T. I'm NOT advising leaving plant biology out, but I'm just saying it is do-able :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 naoise225

You could be right. I love all human biology so that would be a strong point! I just don't know is it worth it because it will creep up in short questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

naoise225 wrote: »
    You could be right. I love all human biology so that would be a strong point! I just don't know is it worth it because it will creep up in short questions!

You could still avoid it . How well do you know the other sections ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 naoise225

I know all my systems like Nervous, Breathing,Endocrine,Sensory, Defence, etc... Excretion,Reproduction, Digestion, The Heart, Blood, Muscles and Skelton are all pretty good! DNA and genetics could be better though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I plan on doing the something similar, except, just leaving out ecology instead of plant biology.
    If you know your other stuff and experiments really well, I think you could be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

woopah92 wrote: »
    I plan on doing the something similar, except, just leaving out ecology instead of plant biology.
    If you know your other stuff and experiments really well, I think you could be fine.

The only thing with that is, anything to do with plants comes up way less often than ecology, which is pretty much guaranteed every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

The only thing with that is, anything to do with plants comes up way less often than ecology, which is pretty much guaranteed every year?

I've never answered an ecology question in my life and I don't plan on starting any time soon. Not to be cocky, but I pretty much know the rest of the course inside out, so I'm not too worried about what's coming up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ecology is an easy question , easy points. Why does everyone hate it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lonepiper

I'm leaving out human reproduction myself,I dislike that chapter alot.

Advertisement