Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer aspire issue with Network controller

Options
  • 03-06-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I just bought a new Acer aspire E1 431 last week but cannot connect to WiFi
    When I go to device manager there is an error sign beside network controller and it says that there are no driver details. I have tried enabling and disabling but it makes no difference. I have also tried searching through windows for the driver files and nothing shows up.

Please help!
    Thanks
    Ali

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What flavour of windows are you using.7,8,vista?

Never mind, here http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

also check if there is a switch on the laptop for wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hyperali10

Windows 7

Sorry just saw second half of your post there. thanks very much for the info

I ran the exe file for the specified driver and rebooted but it is still coming up with the same error

Checked that switch and that's set to on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you can return it to the place of purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

One other thing to try, turn off your ethernet adapter just to rule out that being a default connection.

• Advertisement

Hi just an update
    Uninstalled both and reinstalled with a chipset driver?? and it is back up and running

Thanks to all for the help and advice

Advertisement