Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative 40-30 Questions

Options
  • 03-06-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

So I was planning to do a 70 mark question, but my friend said theres more of a chance to get better marks in the 40-30 question

Usually the 40 is comparing two texts, But in the 30 marks question how are you supposed to compare the 30 mark text? Do you compare characters/themes in the book or can you bring back in the texts used in the 40 mark?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    So I was planning to do a 70 mark question, but my friend said theres more of a chance to get better marks in the 40-30 question

Usually the 40 is comparing two texts, But in the 30 marks question how are you supposed to compare the 30 mark text? Do you compare characters/themes in the book or can you bring back in the texts used in the 40 mark?

In the 30 marker, you don't compare. you just discuss CC for example. :)

Well I was told the 70 mark question is generally answered better. I suppose it's down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lonepiper

I prefer the 70 mark one,as I always run a risk of repeating myself in the 30-40 ones.

Advertisement