Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No service in branch?

Options
  • 03-06-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I bought something from a german store and wanted to transfer the money to their account.
    When I went to my branch next day, I was told, that a branch is unable to process a transfer, it the ammount is below 3.000€ and I need to use online-banking for that.

I don't have a phone and not willing to use send my account-data online. Is it really wanted by the Bank of Ireland, that a customes is not able to use his own money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dodok, 

Thanks for posting. 

Your transfer would need to be made online. 

You can register the payee details online and choose to receive the activation code by post so a phone would not be needed. 

Can I ask if the reason you don't want to use Banking 365 Online is for security reasons?
    365 Online is a secure website and information on security can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dodok

What would happen if my grandma should need a transfer? She has no computer and she is not able to understand anyone on the phone. In my eyes online-banking always should be an additional option - but BOI forces you!

Hi Dodok, 

Most branches have terminals where customers can log on to 365 Online to do their banking. 

There are 42 listed countries on 365 Online.
    If you need to transfer to a country that is not listed, your branch can help with a transfer however where a transaction can be made using a self-service option, it would need to be made that way. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dodok

So the anwer to "No service in branch?" is a "Yes"?

Hi Dodok, 

Branch staff are on hand to assist with customer service queries however as mentioned, where transactions can be made via self-service options, the staff will advise of this. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement