Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paper 1 timing

Options
  • 03-06-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

how are ye all timing it.

Generally i give each section the following:

Composing 70mins
    A Questions 60mins
    B Question 30mins

generally i give myself 10 minutes to read paper and look over answers

Total 170minutes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Usually I go way over the recommended time on section A, then do less than recommended time on section B and the composing. Finished with just over forty minutes to spare in the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Aksa94

ya i had about 30 mins to kill in mocks but this is usually the time i have prepared beforehand. In reality I'll probably get composing done in 55-60 mins and B question in 25 max leaving me more time for A questions which is where I really fell down in mocks. Out of 50 marks in mocks I only got 29

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

I think I had about 20 minutes left to spare in the mock, so, I'm gonna be ruthless with my spelling and grammatical checks for those 20 minutes.

50-60 minutes for my composing or however long it takes me to regurgitate and adapt my essay.

30-40 minutes for Section B

50ish minutes on Section A, although I do tend to take longer here for some reason.

Advertisement