Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a light installed on a path to Sutton Dart station?

Options
  • 02-06-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

I have a question about getting a light installed in a lane that leads from my housing estate to a DART station. The lane is in pitch blackness after dark, and walking down it can be quite nerve wracking. :(

The lane way starts in our estate, and it ends in the grounds of Sutton Water Treatment Facility, which is owned by Fingal Co Council. The water facility seems to share space with an overflow car park for the Sutton DART station & there are Irish Rail bylaws signage on the walls, so am not sure really who owns the land.

Who do I contact about this? A house and the playing fields of St Fintans School are on either side of the lane. Is it possible that they may object due to the light shining into their homes at night? What do I do if they do?

There is a rubbish bin in the lane, and cycle lanes painted on the ground, so someone, somewhere is responsible for its upkeep. The lane gets a lot of foot traffic, as people use it to cut through our estate to get to the coast road, so I have a hard time believing no one has asked about it before.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. :)

(Mods, I posted this here and not in the Dublin forum as posters here seem to know a lot about transportation red tape, bylaws etc etc)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Not 100% certain, but u would presume your local county council. Fingal as your in Sutton. You could always email irish rail and explain how dangerous it can be at night. They may or may not do it.
    If they don't help your local TD is worth a try. Tommy broughan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I know the lane well. I wouldnt fancy walking down there on a dark night. Go to your local counciller

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Make contact with the local authority directly never mind about going through your TD or cllr. Contact details are easily found on the relevant councils websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You could also approach your local resident's association (if there is one). They may have specific contacts in the local co council, which might avoid being transferred from one section to another, & might carry a little bit more weight than an individual request.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks for all the suggestions ya'll ! :)

Am gonna call Fingal Co Council in the morning & see what happens. If anyone has any idea of a specific number or department or person to call or email, (instead of just ringing the main, one size fits all, number listed on their website) I'd be very grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sofitalliah

Buy a good torch...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions ya'll ! :)

Am gonna call Fingal Co Council in the morning & see what happens. If anyone has any idea of a specific number or department or person to call or email, (instead of just ringing the main, one size fits all, number listed on their website) I'd be very grateful.

It will be either the Roads or Parks department.

Advertisement